Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CCHS! Listed below are current job openings we have available. We also have many great volunteer opportunities which you may be interested.
Type: Hourly at-will, Part Time Exempt
Hours: 12 office hours a week, exact schedule TBD
Pay: $12 an hour, no overtime. Pay period is bi-weekly.
Benefits: CCHS does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits. Paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick time) per employee handbook.
Reports to: Programs Manager
Requirements: Good verbal and written communication skills, strong people skills, basic computer skills, volunteer management experience preferred but not required.
Description: This position involves recruiting, training, managing and supervising CCHS volunteers, organizing CCHS volunteer programs, and retention of volunteers as follows:
- Advertise with local volunteer agencies as needed, keep posting current
- Screen all volunteer applicants — walk-ins, web solicitations, telephone inquiries, event contacts, etc.
- Attend CCHS events with recruiting materials. Talk and promote CCHS opportunities.
- Provide regular orientations to new volunteers
- Keep an up to date and accurate volunteer database including a skills/capability inventory
- Handle incoming and task related communication with applicants and current volunteers from all programs
- Communicate with Programs Manager and staff for volunteer needs
- Respond to the needs of the board and staff as directed
- Track volunteer hours each month and report to management
- Organize and facilitate regular training for current volunteers with appropriate staff and/or materials
- Supervise volunteers at CCHS functions and events. Ensure that the schedule is adhered to, volunteers are followed up on for shifts, and that volunteers are communicated their positions and job tasks
- Develop and implement volunteer retention strategies
- Facilitate a feedback survey for events and programs and an annual survey in conjunction with staff
- Work with staff to maintain regular communication with volunteer on current events through the use of newsletters or otherwise
- In conjunction with staff, plan and implement volunteer recognition events
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Furthermore, this position requires both satisfactory job performance and compliance with existing and future CCHS policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Bylaws. In particular, you will be responsible for protecting the privacy of all CCHS board members, employees, volunteers and donors and may not disclose or discuss any confidential information obtained from CCHS (unless such disclosure is a normal requirement of your position and has been authorized).
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to the Programs Manager at MHampton@cchumane.org