Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CCHS! Listed below are current job openings we have available. We also have many great volunteer opportunities which you may be interested in.
Position: CAT ADOPTION CENTER ON-SITE MANAGER
Type: Temporary part-time hourly position.
Hours: 16-20 hours per week, including after-hours and weekend, for a six-month term. Possible continuation of employment.
Pay: $12.00 per hour, no overtime.
Pay period is bi-monthly.
Benefits: No benefits at this time.
Requirements: Outgoing, professional disposition; experience with care and handling of cats; good verbal and written communication skills; strong people skills; ability to problem-solve and initiate decision-making; basic computer skills; reliable transportation; ability to work after-hours and on weekends as needed. Work or volunteer experience in animal rescue is a plus. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Contra Costa Humane Society (CCHS) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of On-Site Manager for a cat adoption center started in October 2017 in partnership with Pet Food Express (PFE) in Danville. This position will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the adoption center. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about the care and handling of cats, adoption counseling and paperwork, financial transactions, and facility maintenance.
- Learn Shelterluv database program to process intake and adoptions.
- Manage behavior and medical needs of cats available for adoption
- Communicate effectively with volunteers to ensure cleaning and adoption shifts are filled. Substitute volunteers or fill in for shifts as necessary.
- Respond promptly when contacted by volunteers or store staff regarding situations or emergencies that may arise at the adoption center during after-hours or weekends.
- Monitor food, supplies, forms and re-stock as needed. Make sure cat beds and blankets get laundered promptly.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers.
- Coordinate with Program Director for intake, transfer, and adoption of cats.
- Review adoption applications and follow up with adopters as necessary.
- Be familiar with CCHS adoption procedure and policies.
- Keep accurate accounting of adoption fees, donations, and coordinate delivery of cash to CCHS office.
- Represent CCHS in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner to the public and PFE staff.