Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CCHS! Listed below are current job openings we have available. We also have many great volunteer opportunities in which you may be interested.
Type: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Hours: 20 hours/week
Pay: based on experience – $16-$20/hour
Benefits: CCHS does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits.
Paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick time) per employee handbook.
Reports to: General Manager and Fundraising Committee
Overview: The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for coordinating different fundraising/development tasks including creating and implementing different strategies for effective fundraising in order to realize the vision of the Contra Costa Humane Society (CCHS) – a world where all animals are cared for, respected, and loved. The primary fundraising programs for CCHS include annual appeals, fundraising events, and institutional/corporate fundraising, i.e., writing and submitting grant proposals. The Fundraising Coordinator is also responsible for volunteer recruitment and management and works with our Volunteer Coordinator. This position works closely with the Development Committee of the Board and with individual board members, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
Fundraising, Development, and Donor Relations:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes: 2-3 annual special events, 2-3 direct mail appeals, online fundraising, tribute and memorial gifts, corporate sponsorships, individual giving, institutional giving (grant proposals), planned giving, and in-kind support.
- Produce reports that summarize fundraising and development program results.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to facilitate the acceptance and processing of donations.
- Process donor correspondence including submitting reports and providing acknowledgments.
- Manage the donor database, including gift entries, report creation, and list building, taking initiative to ensure donor data is accurate and current. Ensure accurate and timely gift entry and processing and prepare queries and reports as needed
- Assist with publications, marketing and social media
- Support the Board of Directors as needed to succeed in its resource development and governance/oversight role.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability and at least 2 years experience in non-profit fundraising including fundraising event management, working with major donors, and grant proposal writing.
- Experience in developing, managing, and reporting monthly and annual fundraising results. Experience in budgeting and variance reporting for programs.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, and decision making skills.
- Solid communications skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work productively with a variety of people and groups with varying interests.
- Proficiency in workplace software programs, including Salesforce, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with businesses, volunteers, donors, other non-profit organizations, and government entities.
- A strong personal connection and commitment to the mission and goals of CCHS.
Applicants should email their cover letter and resume to: