Contra Costa Humane Society is pleased to offer low-income residents of Contra Costa county financial assistance toward the spaying and neutering of their companion cats and dogs.
SNAP currently has two options for qualified clients
- Option A- Utilize CCHS’ spay and neuter services provided at the Contra Costa County Animal Shelter (CCAS) in Martinez. Services are offered once a month (typically on the last Sunday of the month). As of now this option is for Dogs Only
A. Program Cost- $100 per pet, payable in advance.
B. Location- CCAS, 4800 Imhoff Place, Martinez, CA
C. Services include: spay/neuter, insertion of a microchip (if the animals does not have one) and any vaccinations mandated by state law or deemed vital to the procedure, a cone and take-home pain medication.
- Option B- Utilize the service from one of our partner veterinarian in El Sobrante. This service is made available for both cats and dogs.
A. Program Cost- A co-pay is required to be paid to the veterinarian at the time of the appointment. The co-pay is $81 for a male cat, $96 for a female cat, $91-$112 for a male dog, and $96-$115 for a female dog, depending on weight.
- Be a Contra Costa County resident.
- Qualify as low-income based on current guidelines (below).
- Your companion dog(s) or cat(s) must be between 2 months and 10 years of age.
Qualifying Low Income Limit for SNAP
Client Information Required
- Proof of Income: Provide your proof of income for all members of the household with your contact information on it. This proof of income can be a current paystub, social security receipt, W2, disability letter or stub, etc. Please note that your social security number is NOT REQUIRED, please block out any information provided to us.
- Pet Information – 1. Name of pet(s), 2. Age, 3. Sex, 4. Breed (dog only), 5. color of animal, 6. Weight (dog only), 7. In heat or pregnant (female only)
- Service Option Requested– Option A (Martinez) or Option B (Partner Veterinarian hospital).
Include the proof of income on the below Interest Form. You can also email the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to CCHS, 171 Mayhew Way #101, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Once your proof of income and SNAP Client Information have been received, a SNAP volunteer will contact you and provide you with the following information:
- The rules and regulations of the program
- The program location (i.e. the CCAS Martinez facility or the local Veterinarian hospital).
- The program costs based on the location requested.
- For the Martinez option (Option A), the date and time of your service
- For the local Veterinarian option (Option B), an authorization number and the veterinary hospital information for you to contact.
For more information on spaying or neutering, please visit www.fixatfour.com