Contra Costa Humane Society is pleased to offer low-income residents of Contra Costa county financial assistance toward the spaying and neutering of their companion cats and dogs.
SNAP currently has two options for qualified clients
- Option A- Utilize CCHS’ spay and neuter services provided at the Contra Costa County Animal Shelter (CCAS) in Martinez. Services are offered once a month (typically on the last Sunday of the month). As of now this option is for Dogs Only
a. Program Cost- $100 per pet, payable in advance.
b. Location- CCAS, 4800 Imhoff Place, Martinez, CA
C. Services include: spay/neuter, insertion of a microchip (if the animals does not have one) and any vaccinations mandated by state law or deemed vital to the procedure.
- Option B- Utilize the service from one of our two partner Veterinarians. This service is made available in case the client cannot wait for the Martinez service option due to a pet emergency, travel limitations for the client etc.
d. Program Cost- A co-pay is required to be paid in advance (the exact amount of the co-pay will be determined once we have all information about the client’s pet (s) and which Veterinarian Hospital will be used.
e. Location- Currently we have agreements with a Veterinarian Hospital in El Sobrante.
- Be a Contra Costa County resident.
- Qualify as low-income based on current guidelines (below).
- Your companion dog(s) or cat(s) must be between 2 months and 10 years of age.
Qualifying Low Income Limit for SNAP
Client Information Required
- Proof of Income: Provide your proof of income for all members of the household with your contact information on it. This proof of income can be a current paystub, social security receipt, W2, disability letter or stub, etc. Please note that your social security number is NOT REQUIRED, please block out any information provided to us.
- Pet Information (reference the below Spay/Neuter Assistance Program Interest Form)- name of pet(s) to be fixed, age, sex, breed (if a dog), color (if a cat), in heat or pregnant (if female), weight
- Service Option Requested- Option A (Martinez) or Option B (Partner Veterinarian hospital).
Include the proof of income on the below Interest Form. You can also email the information to: email@example.com or Mail to CCHS, 171 Mayhew Way #101, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Once your proof of income and SNAP Client Information have been received, a SNAP volunteer will contact you and provide you with the following information:
- The rules and regulations of the program
- The program location (i.e. the CCAS Martinez facility or the local Veterinarian hospital).
- The program costs based on the location requested.
- For the Martinez option (Option A), the date and time of your service
- For the local Veterinarian option (Option B), an authorization number and the veterinary hospital information for you to contact.
For more information on spaying or neutering, please visit www.fixatfour.com